Sunday, December 20, 2009

more gift ideas


for my original list check out my first gift ideas blog post =)

some free online gift ideas -
http://www.ehow.com/how_4723720_give-free-online-gifts.html

from lovingyou.com


A Coloring Book For Your Love
For an anniversary present, I made my boyfriend a coloring and activity book. I made up a story and drew all the pictures (plain computer paper is fine) and outlined them with pen. I bound it all together with a cover and gave him some crayons to go with it. He loves it so much he refuses to color in it for fear of messing it up.
--submitted by Kitty

A Fairy Tale Story
My boyfriend and I are always telling each other stories, just to pass the time. This year for Christmas I decided to write out the story of how we met in a fairy-tale format, complete with cute pictures of the Kim Anderson children to illustrate it. All my girlfriends loved the idea, and hopefully he likes it as much, too!
--submitted by Anonymous

A Happy Book
I decided that I wanted to do something really special--and cost effective--to get his spirits up and still celebrate us, so I made him a "happy book." I went to a bookstore and got a really nice leather-bound, unlined journal and a felt tip pen. I then sat at my computer and researched hundreds of motivational, inspirational, and loving quotes that made me think of him. I picked my favorite 60 (1 for each month we had been together) and wrote them down on a separate page in the book. On the next page I inserted a picture and wrote a story about how or why that quote made me think of him. I want him to know that he's accomplished so much in his life, and he just needs to keep going...
--submitted by Dani

A Keepsake of Our Song
As Valentine’s Day got closer I still wanted to surprise him so I got six balloons and placed a note in each one. Each note told him where to go to pop the next balloon. By the time he got to the bedroom I was standing there with the song that we danced to at our wedding playing, and a bottle in my hand. In the bottle were the lyrics to our song printed on old-looking paper. He loved it!
--submitted by Michele

A Message In A Bottle
I got a clear plastic soda bottle, and took all the wrapping off it. I typed up a note to her and printed it on some paper that looked like a scroll. I rolled it up nice and tight and tied it in a bow. I put the note in the bottle, and screwed the top on. I taped her address to the outside of the bottle, and it only cost me .55 cents in the US mail! She absolutely loved it! Trust me, it will be one of the best inexpensive surprises ever!
--submitted by John

A Picture Is Worth 1000 Words
My girlfriend and I were at different colleges, so I didn't get to see her except on holidays. So, for our anniversary, I wrote her a note. At the top I put, "Some people say a picture is worth a thousand words. I can't take a picture with you... so guess what?" Under that, I wrote out how much I loved her and missed her using exactly a thousand words. I put the note in a picture frame and sent it to her in the mail. She loved it!
--submitted by Untouchable

A loving book
I will go shopping at a book store in the children's section. I will pick out a book with a loving title, like one time I bought him, "I love you this much" When he reads through it he knows how much I love him. It's a great gift to keep for a long time too.
--submitted by Pam

Build Your Own Lamp
She loves the movie Monsters Inc..So I bought a talking stuffed figure of the character from the movie and a do-it-yourself lamp kit. I cut a little hole in the back of the stuffed animal, slid a metal stand rod and wires under its back, with the light and lampshade just above his head. I pulled it low and glued his hand to it, so it looked like he was looking out from underneath the lamp shade, like a scene from the movie. I left it at her work, with him holding balloons and a card I made. Next to it was a box of her favorite cookies that she can never find at any of our stores (I called some stores in nearby cities and found them). She was so surprised that she started crying, and to this day the girls at her work still remember me as the guy who made the cutest lamp for his girlfriend.
--submitted by Kenny

Choose Your Own Adventure
This would be a great gift idea for those 20-something year olds that grew up with the books Choose Your Own Adventure and want to make a creative love journal. Basically, the books gave you choices and depending on your choices you would flip to different pages. They were especially fun to read because you could reread the books and change your fate every time depending on what you chose to do.
--submitted by Anonoymous

100 Reasons Why I Love You
We chat on the phone a lot, but that gets expensive for a broke, college girl, so we also chat on the computer. One day, he asked me if I was sure that I loved him and I told him of course. He asked me why, and I told him there were at least 100 reasons. When he asked me to name 5, I told him to give me a minute, I had to do something. In the buddy info of my chat program, I listed 10 reasons why I love him, for him and everyone else I know to see. I told him to check, and he called me up as soon as he read it gushing about how much he loved me. A week later, I put up 10 more, and the same thing the week after that. Once he caught on that there was a new set of 10 every week, he started doing the same thing. It lasted for 10 weeks. We had so much fun doing it, we just kept it up. It's a great little reminder to have sometimes, just to let you know that you're thought of.
--submitted by Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment