Monday, July 6, 2009

his right arm embraces me


I was pleasantly surprised to discover that there was a husband site to the-generous-wife.com, appropriately named "the-generous-husband.com" =) After perusing the blog archive, I came across a great post with the sweetest comments from some generous-minded husbands -

http://www.the-generous-husband.com/2009/04/24/a-romantic-act-in-public-is-worth-several-in-private/

I always smiled over one older, newly married couple whose arms never left each others in the church I went to back home. It's sad that such demonstrations these days seem to beg the question "How long will that last?" So many star-struck lovers have sworn they would never let each other go, only to leave or let life tear them apart. No matter how long it may last, I love that this couple showcased their appreciation for what they had in each other, and the commitment behind those words. I wouldn't pretend to be above not returning a gesture of love someday, for reasons either petulant or innocuous, but if blessed with that opportunity I hope I catch myself first. And remember all the single girls who dream of having such an arm around them, all the wives whose husbands' arms have grasped them in violence, all the spouses who have lost their loved ones to war or tragedy...

"His left arm is under my head, and his right arm embraces me... His arms are rods of gold set with chrysolite. His body is like polished ivory decorated with sapphires..."
Song of Solomon 2:6 & 5:14

No comments:

Post a Comment