Monday, June 22, 2009

the janitor



from Girls Gone Mild
an interview with Lakita Garth

definitely makes you think twice!

"I'm president and CEO of my own company. All of my employees are men, and you know what? Pretty soon, hopefully, I'm going to have my own little office, maybe a little office building strip mall off somewhere, and I have to hire a janitor... and you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to have some applications before you can even see my face. And then there's the interview process, when you sit across from my table in my office and my building. I want you to fill in an application with your full name, not "Mooky" or whatever alias you're going by this week; and I want all your telephone numbers, not just a cell or a pager. I want to see some previous work experience, I want to see if you have a criminal record, and as a matter of fact, I want some character references. I want you to write all that down, and that's just to clean my toilet, and most women don't have that much sense, to get a last name from guys who will take off all their clothes and have sex with them."

She turns the question of women's rights around: "In many ways, women got the opportunity to go out into the workplace and do a lot of different things, but in a lot of other ways we lost. Because free love met free from obligation, free from the commitment, free from intimacy, and free from any of the responsibilities. Really the freeing thing is for the men not the women, because the men got off the hook."

No comments:

Post a Comment